Well ladies and gentlemen...its been one crazy year. I would like to look back at all the things that have happned:
We started the year out in different countries and strangley enough we ended the year in different countries. Not how we thought we would end the year, but hopefully this temporary separation will be good for Jeremy's career. At the beginning of the year I ran my first half marathon. Almost sat down and cried at mile 11 because it hurt so much, but I knew I would get crap from Sam if I did, so I kept running. Dad and Jeremy came home from Iraq at relatively the same time. Jeremy and I spent the first weekend of his return up at Mt Charleston playing in the snow. Through the majority of the spring I was nervously awaiting an important letter: did I get into nursing school or not? Turns out I did, and I was able to relax and enjoy the first real vacation Jeremy and have taken since our honeymoon. We went to Japan via military aircraft for two and a half weeks! It was my first time outside of the US! It was so much fun...I think I ate and took pictures all the way through Japan. We met a truly awesome couple on the flight over (the Haiths) and hung out with them in Japan for a week. (Really hope we can get together with them again soon!) When we returned it was all work and no play. I had to get ready for school and Jeremy went back to work. Jeremy became an IP in his squadron and in the private world. He has also taken on volunteer work with Civil Air Patrol (I know my ARP friends are snickering right now...seriously guys I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted to fly). Jeremy has successfully completed three semesters of his masters program at the University of Alabama (apparently we are suppose to say "Roll Tide" whatever the hell that means) and I have finished my first semester of nursing school. I have also managed to complete the Disneyland Half Marathon and with Jeremy and Amy the RocknRoll Half here in Vegas.
Jeremy and I are happy to welcome our friends the Gallemore's to Las Vegas, my new brother-in-law Dean, and Jeremy's brother-in-law-to-be Matt. The next year will bring more framilar faces to Vegas: the Daniel's and K-Rush. We are excited to hang out with them. We have enjoyed having tons of family and friends visit us in the past year and look forward to the ones that will come in the following year.
Now on to the serious business. New Years Resolutions. If I call them "resolutions" I am not going to follow through so I am going to call them "goals" and make an attempt to attain them:
1. Finish second and third semester of nursing school (Ok...I know these really aren't "goals" they are going to happen, but I had to start easy)
2. Finish the third season of The Tudors (like I said, I am easing into it.)
3. Loose ten pounds before my birthday (I have to put in the typical "goals")
4. Write more.
5. At least start one family album (thats a big one...cause I got to get all the crap out and organize the pictures...its a freaking process before you even stick a picture on the page)
6. Get an apprenticeship...may not happen but I am sure going to try like hell...
7. Go to Hawaii (that one will have to wait until Jeremy gets back)
8. Raise $3,000 for the breast cancer three day (Yes people I am walking again in November!!!)
9. Run at least two more half marathons
10. Figure out how to layer scents...its from an article I read in women's health magazine...what the hell is a "white floral scent"?
I am sure there are more, I just can't think of any at the moment...those are the most pressing. Happy New Year Ya'll!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment