Well here I am back to work. A full day of it too. Haven't had one of those since this summer. So it has given me time to think, study, and mess around on the internet. So first I would like to put this thought out there. In the days of Shakespeare actors/actresses were considered among the lower parts of society. A job you did if you could find nothing better to do with your life or no fortune to marry. At what point in time did we start paying people millions of dollars to sit and look pretty in front of a camera and fake emotion? And! On top of that they throw themselves lavish parties to congratulate themselves on how well they play "make believe," and espouse personal diatribes about politics! Does this sound totally ridiculous to anyone else? Here is a list of people that should be paid what movie stars are paid (this is in no particular order):
1. Housekeepers/ Maids
2. Waste Management people
3. Military
4. Nurses
5. Teachers
6. Social/ Family service workers
7. Police and Fire
8. CNAs
Now here is a list of the people I think are way over paid and we need to over throw them and give the money to people who actually work for a living:
1. Anyone in "Hollywood"
2. Fashion designers/ Models
3. Congressmen and women
4. Rock stars
5. Athletes (don't care what you do for your body, you should be an athlete for the love of the sport/ challenge not the money)
Sorry I am not going to put businessmen/ women, lawyers, and doctors on there. As dirty and corupt as some of those people are, you have to work hard to make some money (whether it be honestly hard or not).
Second, so I have started studying for Maternity. And I have officially decided to ban all family and friends from seeing me for at least three days after I give birth. Limited viewings will take place six weeks after I recover. No one told me you are a horrifying mess after giving birth! I thought you were just sweaty and tired. Oh no...we aren't going to go into what my female organs will look like, but the rest of me...good god it will be amazing if my hubby will ever want to touch me again. My hair will fall out, but I'll grow a mustache and leg hair to rival the hairiest spider, I will always be wanting to take a shower because I will be sweating more than a fat dude in 100 degree weather with humidity. But you know I will loose the baby weight because I'll be dashing to the bathroom every ten minutes because my body is trying to get rid of the excess fluid...so the running will help. On top of it all is the splotchy skin and a chest that is not only painful but so big I am going to have no idea what to do with it. Inspite of all this there is a tiny little section of my brain and all of my uterus screaming like frat boys about to do something stupid, "Let's do this!!! WOOO!!! YEAH!! Bring on the pain!!!" Its sick. I got nauseated reading my book and yet I still want to go through with the baby thing. I think its a preprogramed response in my brain that has been genetically handed down through the generations...I am just not strong enough to override it.
No comments:
Post a Comment