Well finals went as well as I expected. Although I did not recieve the grade I had hoped for on my Fundamentals final. I guess you get what you put into it...which I didn't study so I got the grade I deserved. I have to admit I was a little confused when I recieved a higher than average score on my Fundamentals ATI test and managed to almost bomb the lecture test, but nothing in nursing school really makes a whole lot of sense.
So the final score:
Health Assessment Lab: A
Fundamentals Lecture: B-
Health Assessment Lecture: B+
Fundamentals Lab: B
Patho/ Pharm: B
My clinical instructor has not posted grades yet so I have no idea what I got in clinical. I am hoping its an A. All-in- all I am not disappointed with my performance, but I know I could have done better. However, that would have required me going completely nuts and becoming a hermit. I guess the worse part about it is knowing I could have done better, but I simply didn't for my own peace of mind. I guess its that nagging little perfectionist voice in my head that keeps bugging me...strangely it sounds like my father...
While I complained a lot this semester and cried a lot, I enjoyed my first semester of nursing school. I have met and befriended many wonderful people, had some really funny experiences, and done things that have seriously made me question my sanity. I really can't say I learned a lot about myself because I used skills (nun-chuck skills, computer hacking skills, skills with a bow staff...) I knew I had, but never really had a serious chance to use them.
In case I am not able to move up to the accelerated track, I would like to say good luck and thanks for your support to those of you in the accelerated program. I know more of you than I do in the regular program and will miss making this journey with you. I wish nothing but the best for all of you. I think I will miss Indy the most. I would not have made it through clinicals without her and her constant encouragement and increditable listening abilities were a great comfort to me. She is a great friend, who I know will go on to do great things. I would also like to thank my mentor...Brianna...silly woman! Thanks for your support and encouragement this semester.
Last, thanks honey. I have no freaking clue what I am going to do without you next semester. I will never have clean clothes, Sam and Amy will keep me in hot meals, but who am I going to snuggle with? Who am I going to cry on? Who am I going to veg-out with in front of the TV? Who's going to walk the girls with me? Most importantly...who is going to pick up the dog poo in the backyard!? Sigh...I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment