Ok so when I went to pick up my patient info last week, the other ladies in my clinical group and I discovered the boys had decided to wear nice slacks and ties to look sharp for clinical pick-up. So us ladies looked like schlubs!! So this week we are going to show them up! I am actually going to wear a dress and make-up...holy crap....totally out of the normal for me. So I will take pictures and post them!
As most of you know I LOVE Halloween. So today I wore a little princess crown to class and one person noticed! Geez people lighten up its Halloween! Learn to have a little fun! Kevin dear, you were right, I should have worn the witches hat. I will shock them all with my Halloween costume on Friday!
Day 42: Well the patient I was suppose to have went home, so I got a new patient, who really didn't need anything because she was going in for surgery. However I did have a nice conversation with her about her hobbies and her family. I didn't get to administer any medications orally or by injection. Neither did Indy. Her patient did everything herself. Although by the end of the day we did get her to open up. She had a wicked diabetic ulcer on her foot. For you diabetes people: TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET!!!
Day43: Well once again it felt like a wasted Monday. I sort of learned how to give enemas...gross. And we learned how to check blood sugar, but apparently we are legally not allowed to do it here in the hospitals, so I have no idea how we are going to get practice on a real person. We also learned how to dipstick urine and read it and test poo for blood. I do not do poo and if I EVER have to have an enema, someone knock me out. Health assessment wasn't a total waste since we did talk to the Prof about what exactly we needed to know for final pass off. Its going to be nuts!!! I bet you anything I will end up with the three hardest systems. Just wait.
Day 44: Lecture!! We were suppose to have a guest speaker, but she never showed...so Prof Plant stumbled through the lecture confusing the hell out of those of us who had a test in Patho/Pharm on the same subject that afternoon. I tried to ignore that part of the lecture because I thought I actually had a grasp on acid-base imbalances. Health Lecture was...no offense to Prof Barbie...boring as ever. I need to study for the test next week. Last came the test in Patho/Pharm!! You all know how I epically BOMBED the last test, so I was even more nervous for this test and I studied my fanny off for it. She hasn't posted the grades yet so I have no idea how I did, although I didn't have that sick to my stomach feeling I had last time...usually not a good sign.
Day 45: More lecture!! Prof Mom strikes again! So awful. Not that she is a bad teacher, just electrolyte imbalances are not her fortay. Afterward I went to this briefing for the VALOR program, its a paid apprenticeship for nursing students through the VA. Its a GREAT oppurtunity. I would love to do it...I just don't think I have the GPA to be competetive...I am qualified though. I really want an apprentienceship somewhere. I need the experience if I am going to work Trauma/ER/ICU. So anyone know a hook-up in the Vegas valley?
Well off to more class...hopefully I will find out if I passed my test!
No comments:
Post a Comment