Yes ladies and gentlemen it is time again to play that game "25 facts about Me!"
1. I hate hypocracy.
2. I maybe a Republican, but I am not a right wing nut and I CAN logically defend my beliefs
3. My list of priorities goes: God, Country, Husband, Family, Friends, Education, Career, Money
4. I have increditably low self esteem, but that is what keeps me going to the gym
5. I am not afraid of zombies, but I am afraid of vampires...although I like Twilight
6. In my head I am an artist, a warrior, an Oscar winning actress, a Grammy winning Rocker, and a New York Times Bestseller author, and the female version of Indiana Jones
7. I love my dogs as if they are my children and I talk to them too.
8. I have talked to myself since I was a small child.
9. I love the weird feeling I get when I swing upside down on a swing set
10. The best "girl time" I have ever had was the Breast Cancer Walk with Amy and Sam
11. I WILL retire in Colorado on my own property.
12. I want to learn how to bow hunt.
13. My "five" are: Matt Damon, Henry Cavill, Ben Burnley, Ewan McGregor, and Hayden Christensen
14. I secretely wish I could dress like a punk rocker/ goth and get away with it.
15. My favorite sound is wind through pine trees.
16. My happy place is the top of Trail Ridge road.
17. I love/ hate movies that psychologically mess you up.
18. I have read one romance novel...and I liked it.
19. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
20. I do not like running, but for some reason it is the only thing sort of keeping the weight off
21. I wish I could redo my wedding...
22. My husband can always make me smile...sometimes i make him mad on purpose, just for the make-up sex.
23. My dad is my biggest Hero.
24. I have more than one mom: Sharon (step-mom), Grandma (psuedo-mom), Sandy B. (adopted mom), Belinda (mother-in-law with the mostest), Aunt Sonja (the cool mom), and then my actual Mom.
25. My purpose in life is to serve my family and friends!
I also have a new favorite quote for you all: "I like to keep my emotions pushed down. Compressed. So they come out at random and inappropriate times." Veronica NBC's Mercy.
So after I finished my last blog, I had a meeting with Prof Barbie and then later that afternoon I had a meeting with Prof Makey. I now know what I am doing wrong in both classes, and hopefully I can correct my mistakes for the next tests. In Prof Barbie's class, while I am essentially getting the answers right I am always coming down to two answers and just guessing the one she is looking for eventhough both answers are right. Apparently it is a matter of priority, which of the answers is more of a priority...now I see what I am doing wrong! In Prof Makey's class it is a matter of not fully reading the question, because when I went over the test with her, its not that I didn't know the answers I just didn't read the freaking question. Will take more time next time to READ the questions.
Day 38: This day is the reason I waited so long to blog. We are sworn to secrecy when we do simulation lab! Its so the classes after us (since we went on Thrusday), don't know what is coming so they have the same experience we did. We are working at a state of the art facility that we share with UNLV. In this facility there are simulated hospital rooms with manikins that can do all sorts of cool stuff: breathe, have a heart beat, they have a microphone so someone can pretend to be their voice behind one-way glass, you can even stick IVs in them and get simulated blood! Well they have all kinds of cameras and stuff hooked up in this room so a group of students can observe you in a confernce room and give you feed back. Its totally high tech! Well my clinical group split up and one group did a hip fracture scenerio and I was lead nurse for pneumonia patient. Well....I damn near suffocated my patient whose O2 sat (oxygen concentration) dropped to 74%. (Shut-up Sam and Shelly I know the two of you are laughing at me!! :-) ) I freaked out. Completely forgot everything I knew I was suppose to do! My brain was a block of cement that doesn't work...I tried everything. I tried to get Indy, who was the second nurse and Africa (we will call him that cause he is from Africa) and VeggieMan (we will call him that cause he is a vegitarian and from Iran) to help me out, but they stood there shocked too. They wanted me to call a code blue, but I couldn't. Slowly my brain returned and it was simply that the nasal canula (nose tubing) was not hooked up to the O2!! There was tubing there I ASSUMED was from the nasal canula...I was wrong. After that everything was much better. I felt like such an idiot when we "debriefed" the scenerio. But like Prof Papa said, it's something I will never forget to do again.
Day 39: Just a quiz....nothing more...because I am on top of the game!!!
Day 40: Lecture! Who doesn't love teaching your classmates how to make friendship bracelets? That was the project for Fundamentals...a five minute teaching session on anything we wanted. I figured if I could teach friendship bracelets to fourth and fifth graders I can teach it to a small group of nursing students....I was wrong. Vanilla Bear is not so good at the friendship bracelet thing. He did teach me how to sleep in class and we learned how to put on eye make-up (a real need to know for Vanilla Bear in case one of his little girls asks), and how to draw a vanishing point. It was a productive class session. Health Assessment was a marathon of playing solitaire on my iPhone...I need to download more games for that class. I did pay attention to Prof Makey's class. So I took notes. We did have a quiz...sort of...our clinical group was given a packet of respiratory problems and we were to name the disease. It was freaking hard! We got maybe three right.
Day 41: Lecture again!! I some how got elected to play Jeopardy in Fundamentals lecture. It was clear my group had not read the chapter. I went to lunch with Texas...his baby boy is due any minute now! I am so excited for him!! Now its off to another lecture and then to the hospital to pick my patient!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment