Well now that I am down to one shift a week, day 35 turned out to be a Monday! So here we go:
Day 35: Yet another productive Monday...I am not being sarcastic. I can now officially stick you all with a needle full of drugs! MUWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! It really was not a hard pass off, which scared me at first. I thought I was missing something. I did shake a bit, but I don't like being analyzed while I am doing something that requires concentration. But apparently I did well.
Snoopy and I had our shift assessment. It was really awkward poking and proding eachother in blue hospital gowns while the instructor silently watched and took notes. In the end I managed to only miss two things and didn't fully describe the sound of the heart. Overall I think I did fairly well. I have no idea what I got for a grade.
Day 36: Lecture. I miss Fundamentals lecture because I sat in traffic for two hours!! I left at 7:00 am and did not get to school until almost 9:00am. I was PISSED. Not like I missed anything significant, I just don't like missing class. It makes me look like a slacker. So I studied for my patho/pharm test. I totally thought I was going to do well on the test. I did everything she told us to and studied thoroughly everything on her study guide. When I opened Prof Makey's test I about gave up half way through. NOTHING I studied was on that test. I felt completely unprepared! I have tried to set up an appointment with her, but she doesn't let students look at the test after. So I feel sort of screwed. I got a 73%. I am so disappointed in myself and so shocked at the shit grade I can't even cry. I might have to go run five miles to make my brain function again.
Health Assessment was boring as usual. No offense to the guest speaker, he is a great guy, but I just went over the musculosketetal system in A and P, why would I want to go through it again? We also had "seminar" that day. Stupid. Read two scenerios about patients dying and the nurse reaction then answer some touchy, feely questions. LAME.
Day37: More lecture. Its seriously freaky how Prof Mom reminds me of my parents. We had a "healing ceremony" today....whatever the hell that is. There was some speaking, some gathering of weeds, and then it was done. I took pictures because I felt so freaking awkward. I need a new point and shoot camera...mine is old and it goes through batteries like its, its job.
I am hoping Prof Makey will go over her test in class today. I want to know what I missed and why.
Ugh....half way through. I am not sure how much longer I can last!!
No comments:
Post a Comment