Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 6 and 7: The Seven P's

A few people have asked me what the Seven P's are. Well here is your answer:

Proper Pre Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

This is clearly something my nursing instructors did not take into account when planning the semester. They seem to have forgotten this weekend was a FEDERAL holiday. All of us were suppose to "pass-off" on vital signs in lab on Monday, but do to time constraints (poor planning and time management on the instructors' part) very few of us were able to complete this vital part of our check list. They would not allow us to "check- off" during open lab (a study period where we can practice hands on skills). The leader of this operation, Prof Mom, demanded we come in on Saturday since there is no class on Monday to "pass-off". Um....problem....half of us were going out of town for the holiday weekend and I believe by school manadate they cannot make us or other staff come in on a Federal holiday. So now I have to take time out of my paperwork schedule on Friday to accomadate their lack of appropriate planning. Once again the part of me that is my father's daughter is kicking in. ARRGGHH!!! Learn the Seven P's people!!! This is not hard! Leadership 101!!

So Monday was a bust and felt unproductive. I feel like lecture is the same way on Tuesdays. Everything is repetitive and they teach directly from the book, maybe add their own stories for spice, but I feel like lecture is a waste if I can just read the same thing in three different books. I find myself mimicking the panic my classmates are feeling. Its like saturation. If I am surrounded by water I am going to soak it up. I am having a hard time telling myself, that I know the information, that I am organized, and I am not forgetting anything. Its hard to remain calm and confident about your knowledge and skills when everyone around you is falling apart on the second week of school. I have been out of the intensity of school and high pressure situations for too long. I hate that I am being affected by their moods. They are all perfectly nice people by the way. I should strike a blow for my independence before I become dependent!! BE A LEADER JENNIFER!!! KNOW YOUR SHIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment