Ah, lecture. Its so boring, especially when your prof teaches right out of the book and clicks through her slides at lightening speed. I take notes simply to stay awake. Its impossible to keep up with Prof Makey so I just record her lectures and take what notes I can. Its hard to concentrate in her class since the air conditioning is busted and its still over a hundred degrees outside here. Stupid Vegas. And what is worse they still crammed 60 people plus instructors in the tiny little no air classroom to teach us about the MASSIVE pile of clinical paperwork we have to do! Ugh...paperwork. What is this? The military? The most frustrating thing of the day was Prof Makey got my name confused with another girl in the class and told my clinical instructor I dropped the program. In her defense the girl's name is the same as mine and the last names sound oddly the same. However, I corrected the problem and all is well.
Today was clinical orientation! I am going to be doing my first semester clinicals at St Rose de Lima. At first they had me at the hospital in Boulder City (hour and half away from my house). Now I am two blocks from the school and my partner is Indy! I LOVE my clinical instructor! She is organized, informed, and SO nice! She is so excited to help us learn. When I first saw her in the Nursing office, I figured she was disorganized and always late...her hair is wavy and sticks up everywhere. She has a sleepy look about her. She is from the Phillipines, like Prof Makey. She reminds me of some polynesian goddess. I am going to call her Papa...after the Hawiian goddess, you can look it up on wikipedia. First day of clinicals was orientation. They sell Starbucks coffee in the caffeteria...awesome. We did a little scavenger hunt threw the "pod" we are going to be in. Next week is when we get in there and get our hands dirty. I can't wait! Now I am really looking forward to this semester!!
No comments:
Post a Comment