Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 3- Remedial English

I am so sorry I did not post last night. I was ssssooooo tired. I went to class all day and then decided it was a great idea to run eight miles. The Disney Half is going to be A LOT harder than I expected.

Anyways, I got up yesterday at about 0530 and actually made it to class 15 minutes early!!! WHOOHOO!! I had lecture...blah, blah, blah. The new character I am going to introduce is Prof Mom. Not that she is like a mother, she is and a grandma, but that she is an old Army nurse and there are certain features about her that remind me of my mother. She is a bit taller than my mom but the weight carriage and the lankiness is the same, she also speaks slowly and with a lethargic tone of voice, not unpleasant. She is in charge of Fundamentals and Lab...very strict.

I had four hours in between my first class and my next class, so I worked and studied. I noticed that there are discrepencies between what my online modules are telling me and what the book and instructors are telling me. I am NOT a fan of that. I mentioned it to another professor and she wasn't sure what they were going to do about that. It makes it really difficult for me to keep things organized and straight when I have to remember one set of standards for class and another for the modules.

My next class was with Prof Makey...she is one fast talker. Not to mention her lectures do not make any sense whatsoever, so I am taping her and taking what notes I can gather. All of my professors use Power Point. I hate Power Point. What happened to taking good old fashion notes? I learn better that way. Power Point just gives students the right to be lazy and the teachers the right to cram as much CRAP into their lectures as possible, going so fast its impossible to take notes.

My last "class" was and introduction to what we are going to be doing for clinicals. It was totally as clear as mud. I am so confused about what I need to do for clinical and the only information we got was for the next two weeks!! So...anyways. By the end of the day I felt like the retarded kid in the class because one) I kept messing up all of my modules, two) I was so confused, and three) I felt because I was in the regular track that we were treated as a lower caliber of student than those in the accelerated. It kind of made me sad. All throughout my schooling I was ALWAYS in the advanced classes...until I got to high school. But even then I took college classes my senior year. It feels weird not to be in the "advanced" class.

No comments:

Post a Comment