It all started out well. I left 20minutes earlier than I normally do for work (I work at the school) and still managed to be 10 minutes late to Fundamentals lecture. I suck. At least I didn't get the stink eye and miss something important! I was glad that some of the confusion was cleared up today. All the access codes and keys are turned in, now its time to figure out what goes where when and with which class. I have an organizer and have set up my Google Calander (which reminds me I need to fill in some blanks), but I am still overwhelmed with the massive amount of repetitive CRAP we have to do. They do realize that we are going to forget half this stuff by the end of the semester and the majority of it after Christmas break, right? What happened to the good old days when students would just follow a wise old sage around and learn their ways? Now its read this, watch that module, fill out the forest-killing amounts of paperwork, show up to class on time...Ok maybe I am still confused.
Anyway...the day was full of lecture, mostly about how to read the sylabi...if you are at this stage in school and can't figure out a sylabus, there is something wrong with you. My lectures today were: Fundamentals, Health Assessment, and Pathophysiology/Pharmocology. Thus far my favorite is Health Assessment, because its easy and she gave us candy. Nobody sat next to me in my last two lectures. I was beginning to think I smelled or was scary ugly or something. I have come up with names for two of the people I have met so far. One is my Patho/Pharm prof. While she is very nice and seems knowledgable I couldn't overcome the fact she says "Mmmkay" A LOT. So I have decided to give her the psuedonim "Prof Makey". If anyone has seen South Park, they would be laughing their butts off right now. The other person is one of my classmates. Very nice guy!! His wife is active duty AF!! So at least we have that in common. He is a huge fan of Texas because that is where his whole family is from, eventhough he grew up in Utah. So his name will be Texas.
As far as meeting people goes, its been hard for me. Most of the people I know in the nursing program are in the accelerated track and I am good friends with them. While we have some classes together and clinical, somehow I still feel seperated. The seperation will get worse next semester when they are pushed forward and we plod along. Hopefully I will become better friends with the people in my class.
So far I have really calmed down about the amount of work I have to do. The load is what I thought it would be. I don't think its so much the quantity of what needs to be done, but that it seems so disorganized and the fact on all assignments we HAVE TO get a 75% or better. There are some assignments that we have to get an 80% or better. While I have never been one for failing or receiving an official D on anything...that is A LOT of pressure! PS they do not round in nursing school.
Tomorrow will be the introduction to clinical, the true challenge. I killed a small forest printing off some of the paperwork I needed and it wasn't even half of it. I couldn't get Word to open some of the documents so I have to try on Jeremy's computer or just wait until tomorrow at school. Anyways...I had better get some more work done!
No comments:
Post a Comment