Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dairy of An Angry Air Force Wife

Tonight I am pissed. I don't think there is enough space on this blog to express my anger and frustration about the stupidity of the Air Force and their general poor treatment of their Airmen (officer and enlisted). I cannot simply comprehend how the people who are incharge of the Air Force and the military in general, got there. I can run the military better than they can!! My husband is a fantastic officer and a great pilot. I paid $400million to put him and the 40 people effected by TAMI through pilot training and they are sitting on their asses playing a bloody video game! There are hundreds of enlisted and none PQ officers that would give anything to operate the Pred and yet the Air Force ignores them. Just today the people at Creech were given a briefing about what will happen after their UAV assignment. Essential no one is going anywhere EVER. And eventhough there is a pilot shortage for cockpits, the Air Force would rather take inexperienced UPT pilots and retirees to fill those positions. When asked what the Air Force is going to do when commitments are up and a flood of people leave the Air Force...they were essentially told the Air Force doesn't care. THEY DON'T CARE!!! These men and women are highly trained intellegent people and the Air Force is treating them AND their families like absolute shit!!! It is time for Washington to pull their heads out of their asses and realize they are wasting taxpayer money and the intellegence and strengths of their members.

On more than one occasion I have tried to reach out to the wives and make some sort of cohesive community, but no one cares. There is no community here. Nobody wants to be here. The articles in Air Force magazine and interviews on the news are with the one douchebag in the squadron that kisses ass to get ahead. ITS ALL FALSE!!! These men and women are treated abismolly and there is not chance for career advancement or further skill training. A young hardworking officer has no chance to show his skills and devotion to his country and commitment. Family is treated just as bad. Jeremy was deployed for four months and not once did anyone call and ask if I was doing ok!!! How is that for support!! Good thing I had a strong base of other friends (THANK YOU BECKY, MIKE, MAGGIE, DAN, JASON, ANNA, MICHAELA, ALFRED, JEN, SAM, AND AMY!!!) Also I would like to thank the people I work with and go to school with. You all have been very supportive as well.

Rhonda, Nicole, and Melissa...I am trying to do the three of you proud, however, the part of me that is my father's daughter is breaking out and wanting to do something about the injustices of the Air Force. You know I am devoted to my husband and would do anything for him. He loves serving his country and does the best he can at everything, but I have never seen him so unhappy. He would love nothing better than to train a young Airmen to do his job and return to the cockpit (whatever cockpit). He is greatful for the friends that have stuck by him and have helped him through. He values your friendship and support more than you know.

Thank you for listening to my venting on this subject. I am fairly certain it won't be the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment