Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grrr

Well facebook is not working properly. I cannot tell if it is the website or my computer. Monday was a frustrating day. I got up in plenty of time to get a cup of coffee and the first thing I hear on the radio was that it had been ten years since Columbine. What a way to start the day. I know I was never directly involved with anything or anyone at Columbine, but the shock on my community, the effect it had on my friends, not to mention how the training changed on my search and rescue team, left a definate impact on me. So I was already sad and reflective to start with. Then this silly lady in a BMW at the Starbucks drive thru decided she wanted to take a customer service survey with five cars behind her so I was 15 minutes late to work. Then I tell my boss I am not going to make it to nursing school orientation because I am going to be in Japan. She tells me I might be disqualified because I am going to miss orientation, and there is no chance now I am going to get into the accelerated program (regular program is fine by me, I am just happy I got in!) But after a brief heartattack I was told I get last pick at classes and clinicals (who bloody cares?! I am in nursing school finally!) Then my boss forgot to give me a lunch and got crabby with me about it. I watched the Columbine memorial service and tried to call someone in my family to talk to, but no one answered...as usual. So I was left to drive home sad and crying to my husband who is not very observant about these things. Good thing Becky had plenty of wine and Claire was up for a drunk dial! :)

Thank you to all my supportive friends!! Kevin, Alissa, Sam, Sarah, Yvonne...you all make me smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment