Monday, May 4, 2009
So Sore
I have no idea how it happened, but I am still ridiculously sore from the party this weekend. I have bruises and every muscle is killing me. What I did I will never know. I did learn something interesting this weekend. We went to Steel Panther as planned. There was a large crowed there, a bunch of the people in the crowd (it was like a click of them) that were covered in tattoos and had the huge holes in their ears and piercings everywhere. Well I get chatty when I am having fun and decided to ask one of them if I could look closer at their ears, with the gigantic rings in them. Apparently they are phobic about being talked to outside their own circle. I managed to get this one chick to talk to me (AND SHE WAS SOOO MEAN), I guess the huge disks and holes in a persons ear are equivalent to their "private areas" if you catch my drift and its rude to ask to see them. She also managed to tell me that she thought my husband was an ass and I should divorce him...all the while her boyfriend was feeling her up. I mean I know I don't fit in with that culture and just because I watch LA Ink and Miami Ink doesn't mean I know anything about the ear disk/ tattoo culture or whatever you call it. But I do know that when I watch those shows the people that fit that stereotype complain that people treat them like outsiders because of their appearance. I was trying to have a simple conversation with them about their body art and I got my freaking head bit off. Its not their looks that are a repellent...its their attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment