Wednesday, April 29, 2009

140 Words

In this day an age how can any idea or thought be expressed in a 140 characters? I am sure it is easy if you live in an Eastern country like Japan or China where one character can lead to a thousand different meanings, but here in the West a 140 characters seems hardly enough to express a complete thought. What would Jane Austen, Shakespeare, and Hemmingway think if they had only 140 characters to express their creativity? In this day and age it seems that the younger generation just doesn't have the time to complete a thought or read anything of substance. Hence my issue with Stephanie Meyer. Although her ideas were brillant and her plot was great, the writing was horrible. It seemed she had the thought on the tip of her tongue and couldn't finish it or express it completely. I just want to go through those novels and add more and edit it properly. But you know, I really can't hate anything that gets children to read. Whatever gets them away from video games and mind numbingly stupid tv shows and movies (seriously....High School Musical WTF?? Not that I have seen it, but still...I don't seem to recall dancing, singing, and heart warming lessons in high school). Anyways I cannot remember where I am going with this...it has taken me forever to finish. I got distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment