I planned to write something completely different for this blog. Something about the past three years and my life and actions therein, but tonight has brought me to the same subject I have been blogging about for the past few times: love. No I am not in love...heaven forbid!!! Dead serious HEAVEN FORBID, because God only knows how much I never want to be in love again, eventhough I want a husband and children, and the whole happy ending...pieces of me know realistically it will never happen.
But nevermind that!!! Tonight something happened that has NEVER happened in the WHOLE history of me. Some random cowboy asked me to dance...like a gentleman. I was so shocked by the end of both dances I was visably shaking. I tried so hard to focus on my steps and not make a fool out of myself. What made the whole situation worse was, we were the only people on the floor!!! He asked me again later on. I finally got up the nerve to ask him for the next however he seemed to disappear before the promised dance.
Now I wouldn't normally automatically go to the place of distrust...however....I have noticed a pattern with cowboys...or at least cowboys at this selected venue. They seem to have an unending supply of partners. Whether they are ladies they already know or ladies they just met, for those who are not in the know it doesn't really matter. Whatever happened to the one woman cowboy? The pursuit of boy and girl, the wooing? Even if it is for just one night? And when did I lose the ability of being able to tell the difference between a man playing the "game" and an honest man? Do honest men still exsist or will I be asking the same question as Paula Cole : where have all the cowboys gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment