Wow....I did not realize how long it had been since my last post. I must appologize. School has been rather insane. Three group projects, one retarded paper, and Lord knows what else to do. Not to mention life outside of school has been busy.
I have to say I am so glad the group projects are finally done. I was getting tired of everyone bickering. I wasn't frustrated with anyone, I was just frustrated with the projects themselves. It is difficult to keep all of the information straight and organize your time between three different groups with three different projects. One of the things I found extremely annoying what the peer evaluations. I don't like judging my peers, especially when I know we are all busy and all have a million project obligations, so I didn't give anyone less than full points. I do have to say I know people who through their partners under the bus. For some of us that one point we didn't get kept us from getting a higher grade. It made the difference between an A and a B. So thank you! Thank you for giving me a lower grade because I didn't live up to your expectations.
So I finally broke and told Prof Politically Correct how I felt. One of our projects was to write an opinion letter to a government representitive. We were suppose to write about something that effected nursing. I decided to write about the new Healthcare Reform. While I got fairly counted down for not using the proper format, my grade further plummeted because (in my opinion) my views on the healthcare reform were not the same as my professor. After ten weeks of listening to her soapboxes and her judgemental opinions, I finally had enough. I told her I felt like she violated a personal line, and it was unprofessional of her to ask us about our political and personal stances. I told her, the review I will give her at the end of class will be less than glowing and it is because of her unprofessional conduct.
Which leads me to my last blurb. We have had a lot of confessions about personal lives lately, thanks to our vulnerable populations projects. There seems to be a lot of dark personal secrets in our class. I thank everyone for sharing. I did not feel comfortable sharing my full story about anything because of the judgemental way some of the students and Prof Politically Correct reacted to confessions and answers to hypothetical situations. When we had to talk about abortion in class, I was extremely uncomfortable, I cannot imagine what it would have been like had I shared during my presentation. We are taught not to judge others and to think about things from another's perspective. I did not hear a whole hell of a lot of that going on in class. In a way I was disappointed with the people in my class for being so judgemental and for not standing up for those being singled out by Prof Politically Correct. We have been together for two years and some of us longer. We are adults and have gone through some challenging experiences together, I would think by now we have bonded enough to respect one another. I guess I was wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment