So I would like to start this blog with a word of warning: I am going through some pretty rough stuff in my personal life right now and it's liable to spill over into school. So if you call me out in front of a bunch of people after I just bombed a test I studied hard for, you're likely to get bitch slapped next time. Otherwise I love you.
What can I say about Prof Politically Correct? I am sick of her. I don't like her...and its not because I disagree with her political views. When you give a test and end up having to throw out 7 of the 50 questions because over half the class missed them....either there is something wrong with us (we could have underestimated your testing style), you suck at teaching, or you just suck at writing tests. Based on what I heard from those who just finished fourth semester...I am going to go with the last one. Not to mention the fact you automatically assumed that those of us who did get the questions right "just guested because that's what statistics say" is the wrong thing to assume (remember assuming...makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"). Not to mention we get penalized because we got the question right! How messed up is that!? Needless to say, I did not do so well on these first two tests. I actually studied hard for them too because of what I heard from the class that just graduated...now I know.
SOOO the main topic of discussion this week was conflict resolution. When Prof Politically Correct started in on Korea about her nasty habit in front of the whole class my primary instinct was "Whoa out of line and inappropriate...can I hide under the table cause Korea is going to open a can of kick butt and I honestly want to be able to say I saw nothing." The whole thing was staged, but for a minute there it was pretty scary. We took some kind of test in our textbook to understand how we handle conflict. I wasn't surprised at my answers but others were. I would have to say, how I handle conflict depends on the situation and who I am in the conflict with. For those that know the test here are my scores:
Collaborating: 17
Compromising:13
Competing: 19
Accomodating: 19
Avoiding: 16
I do not avoid conflict. I would rather face it head on. And I guess compromising is something I need to work on. Which I know. I am a stubborn person and it truly is a fault I am constantly try to work on. I guess what surprised everyone the most, or at least Red, was the accomodating. I can be very accomodating because depending on who the conflict is with, after a while I just realize its easier to cave than keep fighting.
The other big topic was "polarized conflict". So the example everyone chose: abortion. I left the room, but unfortunately Prof Politically Correct knows my name (crap) so I had to give my opinion. I am pro-life. I don't like talking about abortion, its a highly personal topic for me. Not to mention no matter how logically I argue my case, some chick ends up asking me why I hate my own sex so much. So I just want to say here, I am against it, I have my reasons. The end.
Now I am going to work on the twenty different projects I have for this semester....
No comments:
Post a Comment