Dear Readers (all one of you) I would like to take this time again to kindly remind you of my rules about my blog. I am at the same facility this fall as I was over the summer and apparently there were some serious issues with students and now they are being really strict about what you can and cannot to in the facility. I hope you all remember the woman who represents the students at my facility and how I could do her job better than her. Well she's still there. She has now decided that if you park in the wrong spot at our facility you will loose your clinical. So with her acting like a Nazi about everything I thought I would take the time to clarify the validity of my blog. I always keep my stories within the limits of Federal HIPAA law. I never reveal my facility names, I never give out protected personal information of my patients, of my classmates and instructors (as you are all aware they have "call signs" according to my husband). I would also like to clarify I never specify dates and times, or locations.
To my classmates: we were kindly informed today not to share our experiences with eachother. Apparently in the past students have complained to the school that one group got to something while another didn't. As a result all groups were banned from having that experience. I think we are all adult enough to accept the fact each facility comes with is own unique experiences. Some people are blessed with instructors that know the ins and outs of a facility and are therefore able to get their students a wide range of experience, whereas others are new to a facility and aren't able to negotiate such experiences. Also an experience is based on the facility that you attend, not all facilities have a trauma unit or get major patients. I am a firm believer in the Air Force wife dictum "An assignment is what you make of it!" I want to share my experiences with my classmates and know that I am not going to get turned into the Dean because I got to do something they didn't. So lets all be adult about it and be happy for eachothers successes and supportive of eachothers failures.
I would like to close with the reminder that my blog is an outlet for me. It helps me process what is going on with my education and the development of my career. Its also I forum for me to share my experiences with the family and friends I have all over the country and around the world. I like to tell these stories and share my opinion. I hope you enjoy reading them and I encourage conversation about them. Thank you for understanding!
No comments:
Post a Comment