Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clinical Supplemental: Hubby Returns

Last week I was unable to stay all day on Thursday. Wednesday, I had an appointment with my ENT and he cleaned out my nose, apparently that sort of thing triggers migraines for me. So I showed up to the hospital on Thursday, managed to pass some medications then got send home by my instructor. I could not for the life of me figure out why Lucy's bark was a hell of a lot louder than normal and why the sun was so dang bright. Then it dawned on me that I was having a migraine.

I felt better on Friday so I stayed at the hospital all day. I wish I had had the migraine on Friday instead. I had the worlds most ANNOYING patient. I did not realize how many people in this bloody city get hit by cars. This woman was in pain, broke tons of bones in her body, and was in a halo to stabilize her neck (C1C2 fracture). She refused to take her meds and I had to explain all of them to her, then she finally took them. She talked EVERYONE's ear off. She always needed something. It took three of us to give her a bed bath. I can't say I learned or did any thing interesting that day. It was like first semester all over again. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

So if you didn't get the message Jeremy is home! So here is the story. I was suppose to go out to brunch with a friend, but got stood up :) However, my allergies were KILLING me. So the thought was to go home take a Benadryl, take a nap, and then go camping like I planned for the weekend. So I take the pill and lay down. I didn't hear my phone ring. The next thing I know, I hear someone come into my house...girls didn't even bark...I am in a benadryl induced coma, trying to reach for my baseball bat when JEREMY opens the bedroom door!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no freaking clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought he was coming home Tuesday or Wednesday! I looked at him and thought I was hallucinating! We kept going back and forth asking what the other was doing home! Apparently I ruined the surprise. He kicked me out!! I had to go camping so he could plan the rest of the surprise. It was a little upset by that, but I did have fun camping. We spent a whole day on Lake Mead. My allergies were so bad by the end of the weekend I text Jeremy to see if I could come home early. He told me to come home. He planned a surprise for Sunday evening. I got home, showered, and got really dressed up. Jeremy took me to the Bellagio and before I knew it he was pushing me into the Tiffany and Co.! I was shocked. He bought me the necklace I wanted for so long!! I was totally messing with him about it. I NEVER thought he would actually buy me anything from Tiffany!!! Then he took me out for a wonderful dinner at Olives in front of the fountains! It was wonderful! Its been a LLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG five months and I am so happy he is finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment