Monday, December 7, 2009

Days 57 thru 64: The Last of the Semester

Well I am so sorry I have been neglectful with my blog. Its been finals and preparing for Jeremy to leave and half marathons...sigh...I am such a busy person. No, not really. :)

Day 57: So after I passed off on catheters...almost didn't, you have no idea how hard it is to push apart the labia on the fake people and then insert a catheter. Let me tell you, its not easy.  Anyways, we then learned how to administer NG tube feedings, but we couldn't really pass off on anything because of once again the instructors failure to follow the seven P's, so there wasn't the right equiptment in the lab. So I felt like my morning was a waste.

Day 58: Lecture...woohoo.

Day 59: I did not go to class. I truly felt like it was a waste of time and I went Christmas shopping instead. hehehe!!

Day 60: I passed off on NG tube feedings.  I was nervous about that one because the lecture was less than stellar and I had no idea what I was suppose to do. I passed of on Health Assessment!!! One class done!!! Russia (that is where she is from) and I did great!! I was so happy to be done.

Day61: Lecture...boo!

Day 62: I went to class simply because I had quiz, which I failed, miserably.

Day 63: Last day of clinicals! Well I am a little sad. This is the split off between the regular and accelerated track. I am really going to miss Indy. She was a great help and it was good to be with someone who was competent. We spent the day in Day Surgery. It was so calm and quite. It was such a nice change from Med/ Surg. I got to see scope surgeries. The first one I saw was a gallbladder surgery. The doctor went in with a scope and removed a shunt from one of the bile ducts of the gallbladder and then cleaned out the gallbladder...it was sooooo gross!! The things that came out of the gallbladder were so gross! We also saw a hernia repair. The human body is not so bad on the inside.

Day 64: Fundamentals quiz!!! Two classes down.

Tomorrow: Health Assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment