Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pet Peeves

Pet peeves are suppose to be little personal annoyances or something I find personally annoying. Last night while trying to distract myself enough to fall asleep, I thought about all the things I consider my pet peeves. I realized that I had some general ones and some specific ones and most could be classified by location or activity I am participating in. One of the biggest ones I have is stupid people. I know that defines a broad spectrum of people, I am sure I have been classified in that section at one point in time or another. The specific stupid people I was thinking about last night were drivers. There are some stupid drivers out there. The ones that cut you off, the ones that drive 10 miles an hour under the freaking speed limit, the ones that sit in your blind spot and honk at you when you try to pull over. I also thought about punk teenagers. This day and age teenagers have no respect for anyone, not even themselves. They dress like slobs or they show too much skin. I hate the hairstyles boys are wearing, if you are going to wear your hair long freaking wash it and keep it out of your face, you look like an idiot. Also I don't remember sounding or acting that stupid when I was that age. (I am sure someone will disagree with me there). Also chicks at the gym, if you are there to sweat and really workout good on you, however if you are there to find a "friend" why workout in the women's gym? I think women who put on a full face of make-up and do their hair all pretty just to go to the gym are going to the gym for the wrong reason and you look stupid. Not to mention, you may have a great rack, and I am sure the men appreciate it, however, those of us in the women's gym could care less about the great job your plastic surgeon did. Also for those of you who sit on a machine (NOT USING IT) and talking or texting on your cell phone really need to stop doing that. That is really annoying because it always seems to happen when I need to use that machine to finish my workout. I am glad I no longer workout at the Y because I was really getting sick of the 10 year kids messing around with the equiptment on a busy day while their parents did nothing to stop them. Thats another thing that annoys me is parents who have little to no control over their children. I know everyone has an off day (lately it seems like I am having an off life), but when your kid is laying on the floor of the Target screaming at the top of their lungs and all you do is ignore them and walk away or beg them to stop...you need to get some lessons in disciplining your child. (I know there are parents out there that are thinking "We'll see what you do when you are a parent!") Well what I would do, now a days, would be considered abuse...a swat on the butt and an immediate drop everything and leave the store. But you are right, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment