Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose.
1. The Mists of Avalon By Marion Zimmer Bradley- One of the longest books I have ever read, but so worth the read...beautiful story about the legends of King Arthur.
2. The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Suess- I learned to read with this book and I remember my Dad reading this book to use before we went to bed, and Go, Dogs, Go! was the other one!
3. The Last Slice of Rainbow- I checked this book out in elementary school, it had some of the weirdest stories, but I loved it.
4. The Killing Zone by Fredrick Downs Jr.- compelling autobiography about his tour in Vietnam. I had never read a book like this before, it promted me to branch out.
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- my favorite book! I saw You've Got Mail and then saw the 1940's of the book and was so interested I read it. Now I am a HUGE fan of Austen.
6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy- I hated this book. It was not about her it was about Russian politics. I read it in attempt to be more cultured and it sucked.
7. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan- Saw the movie, loved the book better. I became a fan of Amy Tan's work.
8. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien- These books were given to me by my father, they sat in my room forever, until I saw the preview for the movie. Once you get past the first 50 pages of The Hobbit...you will never for get Middle Earth
9. Kirsten- The American Girl Series- Picked up these books in fifth grade and fell in love with them. They teach great lessons and have wonderful adventures that if I have a daughter I hope she enjoys!
10. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin- The one and only "murder" mystery I like.
11. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll- I agrued and argued with my dad about reading this book and in the end I loved it. Alice is me, and I am Alice.
12. The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans- The first book that made me cry. This book was amazing, truly a sad, but beautiful story.
13. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas- I picked this book up from the "we recommend" section at Barnes and Noble and loved it. The movie cannot compare to the book. There is so much going on, its mystery, betrayal, love, and sword fighting...awesome.
14. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis- read these in an anthology on my honeymoon. So cute! Who wouldn't want to live in Narnia! I want children just like the ones in the book!
15. The Villa by Nora Roberts- The one and only romance novel I will EVER read. I read a section of it in Cosmo and I was laughing so hard by the end, tears were streaming down my face, so I had to read the whole story.
No comments:
Post a Comment