Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 79 thru 81: Bumpy Start

Well this semester is off to a great start. INSERT GIANT EYE ROLL HERE. Managed to not go to clinical on day 79 cause I was sick and I forgot to set my alarm. Probably not a good idea to work with sick little ones when you are so sick yourself that you can't do the simplest of tasks...ie set your alarm. So I spent the whole day sleeping and managing to work my way through and entire box of kleenex. Its ok cause on Valentine's Day, which I did not spend alone! Thanks Amy and Bev...I went and got a facial and a pedicure. The facial lady put a special treatment on my crusty sore nose...and it has healed nicely. Amy made wonderful cheese fondue and Bev made chocolate fondue. Amy got us all matching pjs...so we snuggle in our jammies on the sofa and played Winter Olympic drinking games. It was fun!!

Monday as you know was a holiday...spent sleeping and cleaning my house.

Tuesday Day 80: Lab, lab, lab! I managed to get caught up with everything I missed. I can now prime an IV line and hang a bag. I can give an IV push and will soon be able to hang a piggy back and give IV meds to children! Woohoo! I felt like I actually accomplished something in lab...which is not something I feel often.

Day 81: Had a follow up the DR and missed a pop quiz, but! I was able to negotiate a higher grade on my Patho/Pharm test, plus she drops the two lowest grades on the quiz. So...no big deal, but next time remember to have the DR sign a note for me. Dr. Turnin's class was boring as ever...sigh....

Well back to work for me! I have some catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment