Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 46-49: I should have done something else...

Hurray!!! Five weeks left. I am slightly freaking out. Finals...sigh...I am ready to be done. On that note, I am suppose to run a half marathon in a month and am I ready...of course not!! There is junk food in my house and I have no will power. Someone take away this candy. Please!! I need motivation to do other things in my life beside school. Please someone volunteer to diet and workout with me!

Day 46: Well the patient I thought I was going to have went home. So the patient I did end up with was one with CHF, who was having a heart attack all day and there was nothing I could do about it. I did give him his medications, but I did NOT give him medication!! CNA Rachett was at it again. The horrid woman did not put a NPO sign on my patients door, which means he is not to have anything to eat or drink, so she ended up giving him breakfast, which included coffee. And you know what that b!&#h did?!?!?!? She told the charge nurse I gave my patient coffee and breakfast and then quickly wrote the NPO sign scratching out the original order!!! So the charge nurse (the east coast one) told Prof Papa that she was going to write an incident report up on me and inform the doctor of MY mistake! I wondered why the nurse I was following was so cold to me! That stupid CNA told her I was the one that was going to make her job harder for the day. Fortunately, Indy was with me all day and she backed up my story. We checked my patients chart before I went in the room and nothing in the chart said he was NPO, there was no sign on the door, and I was not the one who gave him the breakfast tray!! He was eating breakfast when I walked in the room and the horrid CNA was changing the sign. The nurse and Prof Papa suspected that was what happened but they needed to confirm my story. Thank you Indy for covering my ass!!! :)

On a better note, I gave my first IM injection!!! I gave Indy's patient his Pnuemovax. It was so freaking cool! He said he didn't even feel anything. He just sat there and played video poker. I did end up coming home at the end of the day and taking a hot shower, then cried for a half hour. I console myself with Chocolate. Sam help me!!! I am going to gain weight and never want to work out!

Day 47: The weirdest thing happened to me while I was learning how to set up a sterile field and glove up with sterile gloves: I found out I am allergic to dry rot!!! Who knew?! No joke, two minutes after I put on the dry rotted sterile gloves my arms broke out in the most ridiculously itchy rash! I passed off on sterile field and ran next door to the gass station and got some Benadryl. I almost passed out during wound care lecture...I went home and slept for a few hours and then went back to finish off Wasted Monday with Snoopy. We are not looking forward to final pass off.

Day 48: Who doesn't like lecture? ME!! I had a health assessment test...oh holy crap HARD!! I got an 88% though. It was good enough for me.  We are starting cardio in Patho/Pharm!! Prof Makey talks so freaking fast, I am going to have to actually study and study hard for the next test. Its ok, cause I heart the heart. :)

Day 49: Well I am going to say today was rather useless. I totally bombed the cardiac quiz we had today. Prof Makey has just confused the hell out of all of us. Tomorrow should be fun though. My patient is on like 10 different cardiac meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment